The following list of questions are some of the more common that we see at MySmallBiz.com. If you have a question that isn’t addressed in this list, please send us a note!
- I want to start a business. What business should I start?
- I need some money to start my business. Can you give me a loan?
- Do you have personal experience starting each of these businesses?
- I need some feedback on my business concept but I don’t want anybody to steal my idea. What should I do?
- I’d like to write an article for your website. Please tell me how.
This is by far the most common question we get at MySmallBiz.com. The reason we built the site was to provide a list of small business ideas and resources for people who want to get started in their own business. The best way for us to answer this question is to encourage visitors to browse the ideas on the site. While a guest may not find the perfect idea, she will likely start to get her entrepreneurial juices flowing.
Use the site as a creative resource and use our ideas as a launch-pad for your own startup vision. You will be most passionate and successful if you make your business idea your own.
Unfortunately we do not provide startup loans or grants through MySmallBiz.com.
We do not. With several hundred small business ideas on the site, it would be really hard to have hands-on experience with each one. We would love to be able to do a deep-dive into each business idea; however, at this time, the focus of the site is to provide a creative base for visitors looking to come up with small business ideas and concepts that are of interest to them.
I need some feedback on my business concept but I don’t want anybody to steal my idea. What should I do?
This is an excellent question that we hear quite regularly. We typically find people asking this question when they want feedback whether or not their business concept will succeed. Our best advice is to take some time, do plenty of market research and write a solid business plan. Through this process you’ll likely get a more accurate confirmation regarding the profitability of your business idea.
We certainly sympathize with the fear and anxiety that comes with sharing a great idea. However, your bigger concern is after you start your business and prove that it can be successful. This is the time when others may quickly copy your business concept – after you’ve proven it can be successful, not before.
If you’re really worried about idea theft, you should have a written agreement in place with the other party that prevents them from using your idea. Keep in mind, however, that these types of agreements can be difficult to enforce since the discussions tend to focus on broad concepts.
We love guest articles! If you’d like to contribute content for our site, please review the following guidelines:
- The article must be unique and must not be published elsewhere on the internet.
- The article content should help people start or run a small business. If you want to write an article about your product or service, that’s fine. Just make sure the focus of the article is educational and geared at helping others.
- The article may contain up to two links back to your website.
- The article must not be a “hard-sell”. Again, keep it instructional and helpful for small business owners.
- Once submitted, the article becomes the property of MySmallBiz.com.
If you’d like to submit an article, please just drop us a note with the nature of your article and we’ll get back to you with the next steps.