Dip Mix Business Idea
If you go to craft shows, festivals, flea markets, farmer’s markets, fairs, etc., it’s likely you have seen a booth with all kinds of different flavors of chip dip mixes and dessert mixes. They have pretzels for you to taste all the different delicious flavors and pick out the ones you like best. These are the products of the dip mix business.
The mixes are little bags of dried herbs and spices that you mix with sour cream and mayonnaise. They are delicious with chips, pretzels, pork rinds, crackers, corn chips and much more. The dip mixes also are great with fresh veggies and make wonderful salad dressings, spreads, and cheese balls.
Try them on baked potatoes. Wow! You can also use them instead of mayonnaise to make a fabulous pasta salad.
The dessert mixes are mixed with cream cheese and whipped topping (like Cool Whip). The dessert mixes can be used to make no-bake cheesecakes, cream pies, cream filled cupcakes, parfaits, fruit dips, bagel spreads, and much more. (Fabulous on waffles and pancakes too.)
Probably the most popular way it is served is with these new graham cracker dipping sticks made just for dipping. Just set out a bowl of the dessert with the dipping sticks and let the folks dig in.
Dip Mix Business Figures
You may not be aware of it, but a dip mix business is a remarkable small business opportunity. I have been selling dip mixes at special events for years. Let me give you something to think about.
- At most craft shows, I average between $500 and $1100 in gross sales.
- At festivals I average between $1350 and $3200.
- At flea markets, between $250 and $750 per weekend.
- For farmer’s markets, between $175 and $600 (for four hour’s work)
I know of many companies that travel a circuit of festivals and craft shows across the country. Their overhead is higher, but they make between
$5,000 and $12,000 per show!
The dip mix business can be very profitable. Most of these companies sell these mixes at:
3 for $10.00
The profit per average sale is about $6.00
a 60% gross profit margin
All you do is buy the mixes already packaged and labeled, (or you can use your own labels) and make up samples to take to each event. You set out the pretzels and let people help themselves to free samples. They sell themselves. This is a fantastic mobile food business!
Benefits Of Running A Chip Mix Business
There are many wonderful features to this business, such as:
- You can work your own hours. Part time or full time. Make up samples days in advance of your event. Completely flexible schedule. Great “Work From Home” business for busy mom’s.
- This is a fun business. All the events you sell at are fun events. You have a good time, plus, you make money too. What could be better?
- No ongoing fees. All you do is buy the mixes. That’s your only requirement. You get many of the advantages of owning a franchise without the big bucks.
- Most events are on weekends so you can still keep a day job if you wish.
- All of the recipes for your products have already been perfected, tested, packaged and labeled. No need to spend months developing a product that sells.
- It’s a very popular mass appeal product. Everyone likes at least some flavors of dips. Plus, weight conscious people can make a “light” version of your mixes using light or fat-free sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Dry mixes have a long shelf life of up to a year. No worrying about the product “going bad”. No worries about having to sell it all before you have to throw it away.
- Dip mixes weigh very little and take up little space in your vehicle. You can store thousands of dollars worth of product in one plastic tub. Easy to move in and out of a building and a quick set up for your booth.
- Dip mixes are pre-packaged food. That means in most states you don’t have to charge sales tax, keep track of sales tax or pay sales tax.
- Dip mixes sell themselves. When customers taste your samples, that does all the selling for you. You don’t have to be an aggressive personality or a “sales type” or a “hard sell” type to sell these products. They sell themselves when people taste them.
- You can easily add other staff members to expand your business into other locations. You can have a booth at several different farmer’s markets or flea markets or festivals in one day just by staffing the booths. Training your staff is a no-brainer. Since all the products sell themselves, your staff just takes the money and makes change. Adding extra employees to this easy business can add thousands of extra dollars to your pocket book.
- Profits! The most wonderful thing about this business is the profits – approximately 60%! Even more for the dessert mixes.
WANT TO GET INTO THE DIP MIX BUSINESS?
For several hundred dollars, you can have your own dip mix business. You can become a dealer for my company, Cherry Orchard Foods. I offer a complete startup package that includes your starting inventory of dip mixes (240 packages) that has a retail value of $800.00.
You get 30 packages of each of our eight best selling dip mixes to start you off. After that you just buy your mixes from me at wholesale prices.
You may be thinking, “Yeah, but once I have the mixes to sell, what do I do then? I don’t know anything about this home based food business.”
The really unique aspect to this small business opportunity, in addition to it’s really low startup cost, is how I teach you this business.
I wrote this book for my dealers. It is available only to my dealers. You cannot buy this book without becoming a dealer with me.
This book condenses all of my years of experience into one package, complete with pictures. It’s over 100 pages and all of its content is only specific to the dip mix business. There is no boiler plate info about how to start a business, how to incorporate, how to handle your taxes, etc.
You can find all of that available anywhere. This book has none of that. It’s strictly about making you successful in the dip mix business. It’s so easy. You just need me to show you how.
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do know the dip mix business. Plus, I also know that the more successful you are, the more successful I become also. So, it behooves me to assist you in every way that I can to make you as successful as possible, as quickly as possible.
This information contained in my book is impossible to find and is available no where else. Someone else may have a few pages of suggestions, but nothing even close to the 100 plus pages, including pictures, in my book. I want you to succeed. This book and my delicious products will make it happen.
The book is included in your dealership package at no extra cost. In addition, I act as your ongoing mentor, consultant, friend and advisor for as long as you are in the business. I’m always just a phone call or email away.
For complete, comprehensive information about this small business opportunity, including the table of contents for the book, please click on the link below that says, Click Here. This dealership information is not available on my website, however, you are encouraged to go to the website to get more information about my company.
Here is the link to click on for dealership information…CLICK HERE
Written by Jim Miller
Owner of Cherry Orchard Foods